SBI CBO Notification 2022, Exam Date, Syllabus, Salary
Ripul Agarwal | Updated On - January, 14 2023
SBI CBO Notification 2022
SBI has released the notification for SBI CBO Recruitment 2022. Eligible candidates, who aspire to join State Bank of India as an Officer, are required to register online after carefully reading the advertisement regarding the selection process, eligibility criteria, online registration processes, payment of prescribed application fee, issuance of call letters, process & pattern of examination/ interview etc. and ensure that they fulfil the stipulated criteria and follow the prescribed processes.
SBI CBO Recruitment 2022: Overview
The overview of SBI CBO is mentioned below, candidates can check the details:
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Post Name||Circle-Based Officer (CBO)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT)|
|Application Process||18th October 2022 to 7th November 2022|
|Exam Rounds||Online Test- Interview|
SBI CBO Vacancy 2022
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment as Circle Based Officer in State Bank of India. The selected candidates shall be posted in the applied Circle only. The SBI CBO 2022 vacancy details are given below:
SBI CBO Vacancy 2022 (Regular )
|North Eastern||Assam/ Arunachal Pradesh/
Mizoram/ Nagaland/ Tripura
|West Bengal||West Bengal/
Sikkim/ A & N Islands
SBI CBO Vacancy 2022 (Backlog )
SBI CBO Important Dates
The important dates for SBI CBO are given below in the table:
|SBI CBO Notification PDF||17th October 2022|
|SBI CBO Apply Online Starts||18th October 2022|
|Online Registration Ends on||7th November 2022|
|Online Fee Payment||17th October to 7th November 2022|
|Last Date for Editing the Application||7th November 2022|
|Last Date of Printing Online Application||--|
|SBI CBO Call Letter||November 2022|
|SBI CBO 2022 Exam Date||4th December 2022|
|SBI CBO Result 2022||December 2022|
|SBI CBO Interview Call Letter||--|
|SBI Circle-Based Officer Final Result||To Be Notified|
SBI CBO Application Fee
The candidates have to pay the application fee in order to apply for the SBI CBO Post.
|Other Category||Rs. 750|
SBI CBO 2022 Eligibility Critertia
The eligibility criteria consists of education qualification, age limit, experience, local language, which are given below:
SBI CBO 2022 Education Qualification:
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government including Integrated Dual Degree (IDD).
- Candidates possessing qualifications such as Medical, Engineering, Chartered Accountant, Cost Accountant would also be eligible.
SBI CBO 2022 Age Limt:
- Minimum Age: 21 Years
- Maximum Age: 30 Years
- Age Limit: As on 30.09.2022, i.e. candidates must have been born not later than 30.09.2001 and not earlier than 01.10.1992 (both days inclusive)
SBI CBO 2022 Age Relaxation:
SBI is giving relaxation in upper age limit for several categories which has been mentioned below:
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|General (PWD)||10 years|
|OBC/ OBC(PWD)||13 years|
|Eligible - Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/
Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and
have been released on completion of assignment
(including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 6 months from the last date of receipt of application)
otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or
physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment.
SBI CBO 2022 Experience:
Freshers are ineligibile for SBI CBO, because SBI is demanding minimum 2 years’ experience (Post Essential Academic Qualification Experience) as on 30.09.2022 as an officer in any Scheduled Commercial Bank or any Regional Rural Bank as listed in Second Schedule of Reserve Bank of India.
SBI CBO 2022 Local Language:
- The candidates applying for vacancies of a particular Circle, should be proficient (reading, writing and understanding) in any one of the specified opted local language of that Circle (mentioned against each Circle).
- The test of knowledge of specified opted local language of the applied circle will be conducted as a part of selection process. It will be conducted for provisionally selected candidates (based on performance in online test, Screening and interview) before joining the Bank.
- Candidate who fails to qualify this test will not be offered appointment.
- Candidates who produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language of the applied circle as one of the subjects will not be required to undergo the language test.
SBI CBO 2022 Selection Process
The SBI Circle Based Officer's selection process consists of three stages which are mentioned below:
- Online Test
SBI CBO 2022 Exam Pattern
Online test will consist of Objective type questions for 120 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. The Descriptive Test will be administered immediately after conclusion of the Objective Test and candidates will have to type their Descriptive Test answers on the computer.
Note: There will be no penalty for wrong answers marked in Objective Tests
SBI CBO Test A: Objective Test (Online)
|Name of Test||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||30 mins|
|Banking Knowledge||40||40||40 mins|
|General Awareness/Economy||30||30||30 mins|
|Computer Aptitude||20||20||20 mins|
Check SBI CBO Syllabus Details here.
SBI CBO Test B: Descriptive Test (Online)- 30 minutes
|Name of Test||No of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|Letter Writing||1||25||30 mins|
|Essay-250 words on banking related||1||25|
SBI CBO 2022 Screening
- Online application and documents of candidates, who are shortlisted based on performance in online examination, will be placed before the Screening Committee.
- The Screening Committee constituted by the Bank will examine whether the candidates fulfil the required eligibility criteria of experience.
- The candidates, who fulfil the required experience as decided by the Screening Committee, will be called for interview.
SBI CBO 2022 Interview
Interview will consist of 50 marks. Candidates will have to score minimum qualifying marks in interview to be considered for final selection. The minimum qualifying marks will be decided by the Bank.
SBI CBO 2022 Final Selection
The candidates will have to qualify both in Online Test and Interview separately. The marks obtained in Online Test, both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in Interview for preparing the final merit list. Final merit list would be prepared based on normalization of marks scored in Online Test and Interview with 75:25 weightage respectively.
SBI CBO Salary
Presently, the starting salary for SBI Circle Based Officer is 36,000/- in the scale of (36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2- 49910-1990/7-63840) applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I plus 2 advance increments (For work experience of 2 years or more in officer cadre in any Scheduled Commercial Bank/ Regional Rural Bank). The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/ Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time.
SBI CBO Joining, Training & Career Path
- On joining, the selected candidates will be designated as “Circle Based Officers” (CBOs) and will be on probation for a period of 6 months from their joining the Bank.
- The selected officers will be in general cadre and will be governed by the promotion policy applicable for Bank’s general cadre officers.
- The selected candidates will not be entitled for inter-circle transfer/ Corporate Centre Posting/ Corporate Centre Establishment Posting/ Foreign Posting up to his/ her promotion to SMGS-IV Grade OR 12 years of service, whichever is later.
How to apply for SBI CBO 2022?
The candidate can apply for SBI CBO 2022 by following the below mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit the official Website i.e. https://sbi.co.in/web/careers/current-openings
Step 2: Select the notification of SBI CBO 2022.
Step 3: Fill all the required details.
Step 4: Pay the application Fee.
Step 5: Submit the application form and take a printout for further reference.
SBI CBO Syllabus
The SBI CBO online test consists of four sections which are listed below:
SBI CBO (FAQs):
Ans. The full form of SBI CBO is 'State Bank of India Circle Based Officer'.
Ans. The salary of SBI CBO is 36,000/- per month which is subject to be increased by the time.
Ans. The candidate must have the graduation from a recognized board of India, and a 2-year experience.
Ans. The SBI Circle Based Officers come under the Junior Management Grade Scale- 1 (JMGS-I) and are permanent in nature.
Ans. Freshers are eligible for SBI CBO 2022 Exam,only if they have 2-years experience in order to apply for the post.