SSC CGL 2022 | Admit Card | Syllabus | Exam Pattern | Salary
Robin Singh | Updated On - January, 14 2023
What is SSC CGL 2022?
SSC CGL stands for "Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level," and it is India's most popular government job exam. Every year, approximately 30-40 lakh eligible candidates apply, and about 15-20 lakh aspirants take the SSC CGL exam. The final candidates who are shortlisted and selected will work in the ministry and various government departments in India. Candidates who want to prepare for the SSC CGL 2022 exam must review the most recent SSC CGL 2022 syllabus and exam pattern in order to maximize their chances in this exam. To prepare effectively for this exam, you should be familiar with the SSC CGL 2022 Syllabus and exam pattern for Tier-I and Tier-II. Let's look at the SSC CGL Syllabus 2022 for Tier I and II exams based on the most recent pattern.
SSC CGL 2022 Notification
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the CGL exam 2022 notification. SSC CGL exam is a graduate-level exam. Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CGL Exam every year for the recruitment of Grade "B" and "C" category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments, and Offices. On September 17, 2022, the SSC CGL 2022 Notification PDF was released for filling 20,000 vacancies (tentative) at the official website @ssc.nic.in. SSC has also revised the SSC CGL Exam Pattern and Selection Process; now, only two tiers will be used to select eligible candidates for CGL vacancies.
SSC CGL 2022: Main Highlights
The main highlights for SSC CGL 2022 Exam are listed below in the given table :
|SSC CGL 2022 Main Highlights|
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2022|
|SSC CGL Full Form||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Online Registration||17th September to 08th October 2022|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Date||1st December 2022 to 13th December 2022|
|Eligibility||Indian citizenship & Graduate (bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline)|
|Selection Process||Tier 1 (Qualifying) & Tier 2|
SSC CGL Exam Date 2022
Along with the notification, the SSC CGL Exam Date 2022 for the Tier-1 exam has been released. According to the official notification, the tier-1 exam will be held in December 2022. The admit card will be available within 15 days of the exam date.
|Event||SSC CGL 2022 Dates|
|Notification Release Date||17th September 2022|
|Online Application Process Starts||17th September 2022|
|Last Date to Apply Online||08th October 2022|
|Last date for the generation of offline Challan||08th October 2022 (11 pm)|
|Last date for payment through Challan||10th October 2022 (11 pm)|
|The window for Application Form Correction||12th to 13th October 2022|
|SSC CGL Admit Card 2022 (Tier-1)||Download Now|
|SSC CGL Exam Date 2022 (Tier-I)||01 to 13 December 2022|
|SSC CGL Exam Date 2022 (Tier-II)||To be notified|
SSC CGL Admit Card
SSC CGL Admit Card Out: SSC CGL region-wise admit card download link is given below:
|Region Names||Download Admit Card||State Names||Zonal Websites|
|North Eastern Region||Download Link||Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura,
Mizoram, and Nagaland
|Western Region||Download Link||Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Goa||www.sscwr.net|
|MP Sub-Region||Download Link||Madhya Pradesh (MP), and Chhattisgarh||www.sscmpr.org|
|Central Region||Download Link||Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Bihar||www.ssc-cr.org|
|North Western Region||Download Link||J&K, Haryana, Punjab, and Himachal Pradesh (HP)||www.sscnwr.org|
|Southern Region||--||Andhra Pradesh (AP), Puducherry, and Tamilnadu||www.sscsr.gov.in|
|Eastern Region||--||West Bengal (WB), Orrisa, Sikkim, and A&N Island||www.sscer.org|
|North Region||--||Delhi, Rajasthan, and Uttarakhand||www.sscnr.net.in|
|KKR Region||--||Karnataka Kerala Region||www.ssckkr.kar.nic.in|
Check also How to download SSC CGL Admit Card?
SSC CGL 2022 Vacancies
There are approx. 20,000 vacancies. However, firm vacancies will be determined in due course. Candidates can view SSC CGL Vacancy Comparison Year-wise by reviewing the SSC CGL vacancy details.
We've included vacancy details by category in this post to keep you up to date on new announcements. Knowing the SSC CGL vacancy is critical because it has a direct impact on many factors such as the result, cut-off, competition level, and so on.
SSC CGL 2022 | Salary | Department-wise Posts
The post-wise salary details are given below in the tables:
|Name of Department||Name of Post||Salary Details|
|Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG||Assistant Audit Officer Group ‘B’ Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||Pay Level-8 (₹ 47600 to 151100)|
|Assistant Accounts Officer|
|Central Secretariat Service (DOPT)||Assistant Section Officer||Pay Level-7 (₹ 44900 to 142400)|
|Intelligence Bureau||Assistant Section Officer|
|Ministry of Railway||Assistant Section Officer|
|Ministry of External Affairs||Assistant Section Officer|
|AFHQ (Ministry of Defense)||Assistant Section Officer|
|Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology||Assistant Section Officer|
|Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations||Assistant / Assistant Section Officer|
|Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)||Inspector Of Income Tax|
|Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC)||Inspector, (Central Excise)|
|Inspector (Preventive Officer)|
|Enforcement Directorate (Deptt. of Revenue)||Asstt. enforcement officer|
|Central Bureau of Investigation||Sub Inspectors|
|Ministry of Communications (Department of Posts)||Inspector Post|
|Central Bureau of Narcotics, Ministry of
|Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations||Assistant||Pay Level-6 (₹ 35400 to 112400)|
|Offices under C&AG||Divisional Accountant|
|National Investigation Agency (NIA)||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics Control Bureau (MHA)||Sub-Inspector/ Junior Intelligence Officer|
|Ministry of Statistics
& Programme Implementation.
|Junior Statistical Officer|
|under C&AG||Auditor Offices||Pay Level-5 (₹ 29200 to 92300)|
|under CGDA||Auditor Offices|
|Other Ministry/ Departments||Auditor|
|Offices under C&AG||Accountant|
|Controller General of Accounts||Accountant|
|Other Ministry/ Departments||Accountant/ Junior Accountant|
|Department of Post,
Ministry of Communication
|Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||Pay Level-4 (₹ 25500 to 81100)|
|Central Govt. Offices/ Ministries other than CSCS cadres||Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division
|Military Engineering Services, Ministry of
|Senior Administrative Assistant|
| Central Bureau of Narcotics, Ministry of
| Dte. Gen Border Road Organisation (MoD)
(Post is only for male Candidates with higher
physical and medical)
|Upper Division Clerks|
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria
There are four important criteria that a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CGL 2022 exam. All the parameters are given below:
1. Citizenship: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Age Limit (as on 01/01/2022): There are different sets of age limits for different posts in the SSC CGL Exam 2022, The SSC has decided to increase the age limit for SSC CGL 2022 recruitment, though the age varies by post. The minimum age limit is 18 years old, and the maximum age limit is 32 years old.
3. Educational Qualification: The educational qualifications (As on 08-10-2022) varies according to the post for SSC CGL 2022 and are listed below:
|Post||SSC CGL Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer/
Assistant Accounts Officer
Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University.
Desirable Qualification: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or
Masters in Business Economics.
|Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with a minimum of 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as one of the subjects in graduation
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent|
4. Physical Fitness Requirements: In addition to the above, certain Physical Standards are required for Inspectors (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspectors in the CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation), and Sub-Inspectors in the NIA (National Investigation Agency).
SSC CGL 2022 Selection Process
Candidates who are looking to take or planning to take the SSC CGL must go through the selection process. They will benefit from understanding the selection process as they prepare for their exams. As per the SSC CGL selection process based on their rank they will get respective posts available under the SSC CGL exam.
- Tier-I: Computer-Based Examination
- Tier-II: Computer-Based Examination
- Tier II will include conducting Paper-I, Paper-II, and Paper-III in separate shift(s)/ day(s).
- Paper-I is required for all positions, whereas Paper-II is only for candidates who apply for the position of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and are shortlisted in Tier-I.
- Only those candidates who were shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-III, i.e. for the positions of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer, will be eligible to take Paper-III.
- On the same day, Paper-I will be held in two sessions: Session-I and Session-II. Session I will consist of running Sections I and II, as well as Module I of Section III. Module II of Section III will be conducted during Session II. As a result, Session-I will last 2 hours and 15 minutes, while Session-II will last only 15 minutes.
SSC CGL Tier 1 | Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of SSC CGL 2022 Tier 1 is listed below :
- Exam-Mode ➤ Online
- Type of Questions ➤ MCQs
- The Tier 1 exam is conducted in multiple shifts.
- The normalization of scores is followed for this as the exam is conducted in multiple shifts.
- Except for English Comprehension, all the questions are in English as well as Hindi.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes /80 Minutes with Scribe|
SSC CGL Tier 2 | Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern is provided below:
|Tier||Paper||Session||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allowed|
|II||Paper-I:||Session-I (2 hours and 15 minutes)||
Module-I: Mathematical Abilities
Module II: Reasoning and General Intelligence.
Total = 60
(for each section)
Module-I: English Language and ComprehensionModule-II: General Awareness
Total = 70
Module-I: Computer Knowledge Module
|20||20*3= 60||15 Minutes(for each module)|
Module-II: Data Entry Speed Test Module
|One Data Entry Task||-|
|Paper-II||Statistics||100||100*2= 200||2 hours(for each Paper)|
|Paper-III||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||100*2= 200|
- Note-A: There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section-II, and Module-I of Section-III of Paper-I and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-II and Paper-III.
- Note-B: Candidates eligible for scribe will get an extra 20 minutes for 1 hour time.
- Note-C: Paper-I is compulsory for all posts. Paper II is for only JSO Post and Paper III is for only Assistant Account Officer and Assistant Audit officer.
- Note-D: Tier-II will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions except for DEST Test.
SSC CGL Tier 2- Paper 1 Pattern
The exam pattern for Tier 2 Paper 1 is given below:
For Session 1
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Negative Marks||Time allowed|
|Module-I: Mathematical Abilities||30||30*3 = 90||⅓ or 1 Mark for each wrong Answer||1 Hour or 60 Minutes (1 hour 20 Minutes for Candidates with a scribe)|
|Module II: Reasoning and General Intelligence.||30||30*3 = 90|
|Module-I: English Language and Comprehension||45||45*3 = 135|
|Module-II: General Awareness||25||25*3 = 75||15 Minutes|
|Module-I: Computer Knowledge Module||20||20*3 = 60||⅙ or 0.5 marks||15 Minutes|
|Total||150||150*3=450||2 Hour 30 Minutes|
For Session 2
|Module-II: Data Entry Speed Test Module||One Data Entry Task within the timelimit||15 Minutes|
- Module-II of Section-III of Paper-I will include conducting a Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) for a duration of 15 minutes in Session-II on the same day.
- The “Data Entry Speed Test” (DEST) Skill Test will be conducted for a passage of about 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
- DEST will be mandatory for all the posts; however, it will be qualifying in nature.
- It will be mandatory for the candidates to qualify for all the sections of Paper-I.
SSC CGL Tier-2 Paper 2 Pattern
Mandatory for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation-
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allowed|
|Statistics||100||100*2 = 200||2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
- Note-1: 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- Paper-II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these Posts.
SSC CGL Tier-2 Paper 3 Pattern
Mandatory for the Post of Assistant Audit Officer or Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer which comes under Pay Level-8 (₹ 47600 to 151100).
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allowed|
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||100*2 = 200||2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
- 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- Paper-III will be for only candidates shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-III, i.e. for the Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
|Tier||Type of Examination||Mode of examination|
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple-Choice Questions||CBT (Online)|
|Tier – II
(Paper I, II, III)
|Paper I (Compulsory for all posts),
Paper II for candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and
Paper III for candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module-II of Section-III of Paper-I
SSC CGL 2022 Tier 1 Syllabus
Tier I is the first stage of the SSC CGL Recruitment Exam. It will be administered online, and the questions will be objective in nature. The SSC CGL Tier I Sections are listed in the table below. SSC CGL is divided into four sections:
- General Intelligence And Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language And Comprehension
The detailed syllabus of all four subjects is given below in the following toggle :
SSC CGL 2022 Tier 2 Syllabus
Following the preliminary exam, candidates must prepare for the Tier-2 Exam of the SSC CGL 2022 Exam. Except for Module-II (Data Entry Speed Test) of Section-III of Paper-I, the Mains Exam will be conducted online and will be an objective multiple-choice exam.
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 1|
|Sections||Module||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Weightage|
|Section I||Module-I||Mathematical Abilities||30||90||23%|
|Module-II||Reasoning and General Intelligence||30||90||23%|
|Section II||Module-I||English Language and Comprehension||45||135||35%|
|Section III||Module-I||Computer Knowledge Test||20||60||Qualifying|
|Module-II||Data Entry Speed Test||One Data Entry Task||-||Qualifying|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 2 & 3|
|Paper||Section||No. of question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Paper II||Statistics||100||200||2 hours|
|Paper III||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200||2 hours|
The detailed syllabus is given below in the following toggle :
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus- Paper 2 (Statistics)
The SSC CGL Tier-2 Syllabus for Statistics is described in the toggle below-
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus- Paper 3(General Studies-Finance and Economics)
This section of the SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus is divided into two sections: Finance & Accounts and Economics & Governance, with sub-topics toggled below:
Part A: Finance and Accounts-(80 marks)
Part B: Economics and Governance-(120 marks)
How to Check SSC CGL Tier 1 Cut Off?
The SSC authority has declared the SSC CGL Tier 1 2022 result on its official website. All candidates who took and passed the Tier 1 exam will be eligible to take the Tier 2 exam in 2022. After the SSC CGL Tier 2 exam, the exam conducting body will publish the cut off. Candidates looking for the SSC CGL Cut Off marks can refer to this article, and the steps to check the SSC CGL Tier I Cut Off are provided below.
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: You can see the post-wise and category-wise cut-off.
Step 3: Go through the Cut Off.
Step 4: Download and take a print out for future reference.
How to Check SSC CGL 2021 Tier-1 Marks?
The Staff Selection Commission will release the SSC CGL 2021 Tier-I Marks on July 12, 2022. Candidates can view their results by clicking on the direct link provided below or by following the instructions.
Step 1: Go to the official website of SSC.
Step 2: Log in to your portal by entering the registration number, password, and captcha.
Step 3: Go to the "Results" Section.
Step 4: Now enter the Exam name, and click on submit.
Step 5: Your marks and scorecard will be displayed on the screen. Download it and take the screenshot and save it for the future.
How to Apply online for SSC CGL 2022?
The following steps will be helpful to apply online for SSC CGL:
- Step 1: Visit SSC's official website.
- Step 2: On the homepage, login using your registration number, password and security code.
- Step 3: On your dashboard, click on "Latest Notification" tab and click on "Apply" button
- Step 4: Start applying by fill all of the details as required
- Step 5: Submit all documents if asked
- Step 6: Pay the registration fees online.
How to download Admit Card of SSC CGL 2022?
These are the steps to download admit card of SSC CGL:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the SSC board.
- Step 2: Select the admit card section from the homepage.
- Step 3: Click on the download admit card link.
- Step 4: Login into the portal using your-
- Application number.
- Date of Birth (in Day-Month-Year format).
- Security Pin.
- Step 5: Take a printout of the admit card.
Best Books to Clear SSC CGL 2022
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Practice Sets & Solved Papers||Agrawal Examcart||View Book|
|SSC CGL Tier II Chapter Wise 2010 To 2022 Objective Type Questions||View Book|
|SSC CGL Complete Chapter-Wise Objective Type Questions in Hindi||View Book|
Rapid Series Books for SSC CGL Exam 2022
The Agrawal Examcart has released Rapid Series Books for all competitive exams, all the rapid series books are given in the table below:
|Rapid Series Books||Publisher||Link|
|Combo Of 6 Books Latest Rapid Series Itihaas, Rajvyavastha, Arthvyavastha, Bhugol Evam Paryavaran, Vigyaan Evam Prodyogiki, Vigyan Books||Agrawal Examcart||View Book|
|Combo Of 3 Books Latest Rapid Series Itihaas, Rajvyavastha, Arthvyavastha Books||View Book|
|Geography And Environment (Bhugol Avam Paryavaran) Book||View Book|
|Science (Vigyan) Book||View Book|
|Economics (Arthvyavastha) Book||View Book|
|Rajvyavastha Textbook||View Book|
|History (Itihaas) Book||View Book|
|Science And Technology (Vigyaan Evam Prodyogiki) Book||View Book|
Mock Tests for SSC CGL Tier-2 2022
|SSC CGL Mock Test Features||Publication||Link|
|1. It includes an analytical chart of the previous year's papers.
2. It includes the latest 27 solved papers (2018-2022).
3. It will help you estimate your exam score with 90% accuracy.
4. First time the solutions to all the questions are given in detail.
5. Solving these mock tests will definitely help you to crack this exam.
|Agrawal Examcart||Attempt Now|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Ans. There are four subjects in SSC CGL Tier 1, and the detailed syllabus for all these four subjects is given here in this article.
Ans. The overall difficulty level of today's SSC CGL exam is easy to moderate level.
Ans. The question paper of SSC CGL has some repeated questions but with different data, if the candidate wants to prepare for SSC CGL then the Rapid series of Agrawal Examcart will be beneficial, to check the rapid series click here.
Ans. These two tests cannot be compared. Even so, comparing SSC CGL and NEET reveals that SSC CGL is far more competitive, whereas NEET is focused on a specific type of knowledge. The level of questions in SSC CGL is lower, but the competition is tougher than in NEET.
Ans. There are 20000 seats in the year 2022 SSC CGL Exam.
Ans. After six months of preparations, you will definitely be able to crack SSC CGL Tier 1 in six months of preparations and will be eligible to appear for Tier 2 examinations.