SSC Stenographer 2022 Exam Date Out – Notification, Syllabus, Eligibility & best books
Ripul Agarwal | Updated On - January, 14 2023
SSC Stenographer Group C and D 2020: Result Out
Latest Update : 17 October 2022
SSC has released the final result for the Stenographer Group C and Group D 2020 examination. Allocation of Posts and Departments to the qualified candidates has been made on the basis of merit-cum-‘order of preference’ of ‘Posts/Departments’ exercised by the candidates at the time of Document Verification.
In the official notification, SSC has released category-wise details of candidates qualified for appointment to the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ in different Ministry/ Departments / Offices. Checkout the Detailed Result Analysis in the following link:Download SSC Stenographer C and D 2020 Final Result
SSC Stenographer Official Notification 2022
SSC has recently released the notification for SSC Stenographer Exam date 2022 . As per the notification, the ssc stenographer 2022 group C exam is scheduled to be conducted on 21 October 2022.
SSC stenographer group C - 2022 is conducted by staff selection commission to recruit on multiple government posts. Download the official exam notification.
We are covering all Details related to the SSC recruitment such as vacancy details, official Exam date (out), official Notification, Admit card 2022, the Application process, Syllabus, Eligibility, Previous year question, books, and more.
SSC Stenographer 2022- Exam Highlights
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Total No. of posts||1705|
SSC Stenographer Exam Date 2022
The SSC Stenographer 2022 Eligibility Criteria include age, educational qualifications, experience, nationality, and other factors.Candidates must be aware of their educational requirements and age restriction in order to be eligible to apply online for the SSC Stenographer exam. Applicants will be disqualified and their applications will be rejected if they do not meet the Eligibility Criteria
|SSC Stenographer Exam date 2022||21st October 2022 (Only for Grade C)|
|SSC Official Notification release date||20th August 2022|
|Online Application form Start Date||20th August 2022|
|Application form Last Date||05th September 2022 (23:00)Hrs|
|SSC Stenographer Admit Card Release Date||10 days before exam|
|SSC Stenographer result date||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC Stenographer 2022
A candidate must lie in the age group of 18-30 years to be eligible for the SSC Stenographer Grade C 2022 exam. A candidate must lie in the age group of 18-27 years to be eligible for the SSC Stenographer Grade D 2022 exam.
Eligibility Criteria for SSC Stenographer: Age Limit
|PwD (unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||3 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)||8 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||40 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications. (SC/ ST)||45 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||35 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST )||40 years|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC Stenographer: Nationality
A citizen of India, or
A subject of Nepal, or
A subject of Bhutan, or
A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Eligibility Criteria for SSC Stenographer: Educational Qualification
- Candidate must have passed class 10th (Secondary) or 12th (Higher Secondary) from any Educational Board or any other recognised Board/Institute.
- Candidates having diploma/degree through distance learning approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grants Commission can also fill the application form.
SSC Stenographer Reservation 2022
Reservation is available for SC/ST/OBC/Ex-Serviceman/PH i.e. (Persons with Disability (PWD)/etc. categories as per Government of India norms.
The following positions for Stenographers Grade "C" have been identified:
- Individuals with disabilities of One Arm (OA), One Leg (OL), Both Legs (BL), Blind (B), and LV (Low vision)
- The posts of Stenographers Grade "D" have been identified as being appropriate for the exam.
- Individuals with disabilities of One Arm (OA), One Leg (OL), One Arm and Leg (OAL), Both Legs (BL), Blind (B), and LV (Low vision).
Steps to apply online for SSC Stenographer 2022
- Step 1: Visit SSC official website: http://www.ssc.nic.in
- Step 2: Enter all the necessary Details as required.
- Step 3: Submit all required documents
- Step 4: Submit the scanned photos and signature.
- Step 5: Pay the registration FEE.
- Step 6: Download your application.
Application fee for SSC Stenographer 2022
|SC/ST||Rs. 0 (Nil)|
|All Female Candidates||Rs. 0 (Exempted)|
List of Required Documents for SSC Stenographer 2022
- A valid Mobile Number (to be verified through OTP)
- An active Email ID (to be verified through OTP).
- Aadhaar Number/ Voter ID Card/PAN/ Passport/ Driving License/ School or College ID or Employer ID (Govt./ PSU/ Private)
- Class 10, 12 and other qualifications Marksheets
- Scanned image of candidate’s color passport size photograph(20 KB to 50 KB)
- Scanned image of candidate’s signature(10 to 20 KB)
- Category certificate, if any
SSC Stenographer: Selection Process
SSC Stenographer 2022 selection process consists of 2 stages:
- Written Test (CBT based)
- Skill Test
Candidates who achieve the qualifying marks in the Examination as prescribed by the Commission will be invited to the Skill Test. The commission may also set qualifying marks for each section of the Examination. The Skill Test will be of a qualifying nature, with the Commission determining the qualifying standards for different categories of candidates.
SSC Stenographer Paper Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
Skill Test for SSC Stenographer 2022
The candidate's written content will have to be transcribed on a computer. For SSC Stenographer 2022, the following transcription times have been set:
|S.No.||Post||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration (in min)|
|1||Stenographer Grade ‘D’||English||50 min|
|3||Stenographer Grade ‘C’||English||40 min|
Syllabus for SSC Stenographer 2022
The SSC Stenographer Syllabus consists of 3 sections that are General Awareness, English Language and Comprehension, General Intelligence and Reasoning. Candidates must look be aware of the accurate syllabus in order to perform well in this exam. We have covered the SSC stenographer syllabus in topic-wise manner below.General Awareness
- Awards & Honours
- Current Affairs
- Scientific Research
- Important days & dates
- Synonyms- Antonyms
- Sentence Structure
- Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumbles
- Arithmetic Computation
- Number Series
- Visual Memory
- Blood Relation
- Decision making
- Problem Solving Skills
Steps to download Admit Card SSC Stenographer
- Step 1: Visit the official website www.ssc.nic.in.
- Step 2: Select the Admit Card section from the homepage .
- Step 3: Click on the download admit card link.
Step 4: Login into the portal using your
- Application number.
- Date of Birth (in Day-Month-Year format).
- Security Pin.
- Step 5: Take a print out of the the admit card.
How to recover SSC login password ?
Candidate must enter the correct credentials to access SSC profile dashboard for filling online form or tracking applications. If you have forgotten the password or not receiving OTP to login on SSC site, then follow these simple steps to recover your password:
- Visit the official website www.ssc.nic.in
- Click on the forgot password option on homepage
- On the new page, select the permanent state and registered mobile no./email
- Click on the submit button
- Enter the OTP received on your email/mobile.
Salary for SSC Stenographer
SSC Stenographer salaries vary depending on their grade or C 'or' D '. Grade 'C' stenographers are paid more than Grade 'D' stenographers. In addition to his basic salary, he is entitled to House Rent Allowance (HRA), Dearness Allowance (DA), and Travel Allowance (TA) (TA).
It is the total amount of your gross salary. The gross salary is further reduced by deductions such as income tax, provident fund, and so on.
|Grade/Post||Pay Scale (INR)||Grade Pay (INR)||Gross Pay (p.m) (INR)|
|SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’||
4200 (Pay band 2)
|SSC Stenographer Grade ‘D’||5200-20200||2400 (Pay Band 1)||Rs.37,515/|
Previous Year Paper of SSC Stenographer with Solutions
The most reliable and authentic source of information to understand the exam pattern is SSC Stenographer Previous Year Paper. SSC stenographer previous year questions informs you about the types of questions asked, which topics are more important, subject-wise weightage, and so on. Candidates who intend to take the upcoming SSC Stenographer exam, which will be held in November 2022, must solve SSC Stenographer Previous Year Paper to assess their level of preparation and identify their weak points so that they can work on them.
Recommended Book for SSC Stenographer 2022
|SSC Stenographer Grade 'C' & 'D' Practice Sets & Solved Papers Book For Exam 2023|
Mock Test for SSC Stenographer 2022
|Mock Test Name||Link|
|SSC Stenographer Group C & D Mock Test|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)Is SSC Stenographer Exam tough ?
According to the past years' trends, the difficulty level of the questions in this section ranges from moderate to difficult. However, English Language and Comprehension is one of the easiest sections of the SSC Stenographer exam, provided the candidate has thorough practise with basic language concepts.Is SSC Stenographer a good job ?
A stenographer's job is highly rewarding as the demand is high. SSC Stenographer salary includes basic pay as well as several perks and allowances such as House Rent Allowance (HRA), Travel Allowance (TA), Dearness Allowance (DA), and so on. However, the pay scale for Grade C and D positions varies.How to become SSC Stenographer ?
Candidates should read and understand the SSC Stenographer eligibility criteria to ensure that they are eligible or not. SSC Stenographer age limit is 18 to 30 years for Stenographer Grade C and 18 to 27 years for Stenographer Grade D. SSC Stenographers must have a Class 12 diploma.How to crack SSC Stenographer in first attempt ?
Following are some points by which you can surely crack your exam -
- The most common error some candidates make in this section is assuming things. For example, in questions on the Blood Relationship topic, it is not always stated whether A is male or female, but in a hurry, candidates assume it and thus answer the question incorrectly.
- Due to time constraints, candidates must avoid making silly mistakes like not reading the questions properly. For example, in some questions, the questioner may ask, "Which of the following does NOT support this statement?" Some candidates tend to skip the word NOT and thus mark the incorrect answer.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning are all about conceptual learning, practise, and speed improvement. When a candidate grasps a particular concept, the only thing that remains is practise to master that concept. Every day, set aside some time to practise reasoning questions.
As per the latest notice by Staff Selection Commission, the exam date for SSC Stenographer group c is 21 October 2022.What is the Department Wise Allocation for SSC Stenographer 2020?
SSC Stenographer Group C and D Result is now official out. The department wise allotment of seats is given in the SSC Stenographer 2020 Group C and D result section.How to Check the Result of SSC Stenographer 2020?
Go to the official website of SSC. Alternatively, directly download the SSC Steno Group C and D 2020 Result with Analysis