JEECUP 2023 Application Form, UP Polytechnic Entrance Exam, Syllabus, Exam Pattern
Robin Singh | Updated On - January, 14 2023
What is UP Polytechnic Entrance Exam?
UP Polytechnic Entrance Exam is conducted by JEECUP. The full form of JEECUP is Joint Entrance Examination Council, Uttar Pradesh. UP Polytechnic Entrance Exam Form will be released in the month of December 2022. It is a state-level Polytechnic entrance examination conducted in Uttar Pradesh. Candidates who want to pursue a Polytechnic diploma, PG diploma, and post-diploma programmes in Engineering/ Technology and management should first pass JEECUP.
The JEECUP Bharti 2023 examination will be held in the third week of April 2023. Admission will be available in a variety of government and private polytechnic colleges throughout the state of Uttar Pradesh. We have provided information about the JEECUP Application Form 2023 in this article.
JEECUP Application Form 2023
All the details about JEECUP Application Form 2023 is given below :
- The JEECUP 2023 application form will be released in the second week of December 2022.
- The JEECUP 2023 application form will be available on the UPJEE (Polytechnic) website at www.jeecup.org and www.jeecup.nic.in. Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements can fill out and submit the application online.
- Filling out the application form requires basic personal and academic information such as name, date of birth, category, qualifying exam passing year, marks earned, and so on.
- The application form duly filled in every manner can then be submitted online.
- The candidates are advised to take a printout of the filled and submitted application form and keep it with them for future reference.
JEECUP Bharti Overview 2023
The overview for UP Entrance Exam 2023 is given below :
|Full Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination (Polytechnic)|
|Short Name of Exam||JEECUP 2023|
|Conducting Body||Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Participating Colleges||36 (Approx)|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
JEECUP 2023 Application Fee
Below is the application fee structure for JEECUP 2023 for different categories. Payment of application fee can be done online using credit card/ debit card/ net banking or offline through e-challan also.
|Category||JEECUP 2023 Application fee|
|For General/ OBC candidates||Rs. 300/- form + Bank Charges|
|For SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 200/- form + Bank Charges|
JEECUP 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check the JEECUP Eligibility Criteria 2023 given below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian.
- Age Limit: The minimum age is 14 years as of July 1, 2023, and there is no upper age limit for the candidates.
- Engineering and Technology Diploma: The candidate must have passed class 10th with at least 35% marks.
- Agriculture Engineering: Must have passed 10th with agriculture stream and at least 35% marks.
- Fashion Design, Home Science, and Textile design and engineering: Must have passed high school or equivalent with 35% marks.
- Diploma in Pharmacy: Should have passed 12th with chemistry and physics as compulsory subjects with Biology/ Mathematics subject.
- PG Diploma in Biotechnology: The candidates should possess a B.Sc. Degree with Biology, Chemistry/ Biochemistry subjects.
JEECUP 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for JEECUP 2023 is given below :
- Mode of exam: Online
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Number of questions: 100
- Question paper language: Hindi & English both
- Duration of exam: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be given for each right answer and 1 mark will be deducted as a penalty for each wrong answer.
JEECUP Subject Weightage
The JEECUP exam has various subjects which have the following weightage percentage :
|Group||JEECUP 2023 Courses||Topics||Weightage|
|A||Engineering & Technology Diploma||Mathematics||50%|
|Physics & Chemistry||50%|
|Physics, Chemistry & Agriculture||50%|
|C||Fashion Design, Home Science, and Textile Design & Engineering||English & Hindi Comprehension||20%|
|Reasoning & Intelligence||50%|
|D||Modern Office Management & Secretarial Practice and Library & Information Science||English & Hindi Comprehension||30%|
|Reasoning & Intelligence||35%|
|E1/ E2||Diploma in Pharmacy||Physics & Chemistry||50%|
|Biology or Mathematics||50%|
|F||Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology (Tissue Culture)||Chemistry||50%|
|G||Post Graduate Diploma Course||English Comprehension||20%|
|H||Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology||Reasoning & Logical Discussion||25%|
|Numerical Ability & Scientific Attitude||25%|
|I||Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering||Mathematics||50%|
|Physics & Chemistry||50%|
|K1 to K8*||Lateral entry courses||Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry||40%|
|Questions from the relevant course||60%|
JEECUP Syllabus 2023
UP Polytechnic 2023 exam syllabus will be different for every individual course. The syllabus for the examination will consist of various topics from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Zoology, Botany, Mathematics, Reasoning & Logical Discussion, Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude, English Language, and General Awareness. at the 10 and 12th levels.
JEECUP 2023 Lateral Entry
Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science and Engineering, Printing Technology, Fashion Design & Garment Technology, and Textile Technology will also have lateral entry.
JEECUP Admit Card 2023
Admit cards will be issued by JEECUP after a few weeks from the completion of the registration process. The JEECUP Admit Card consists of various important details including the roll number, exam centre, exam date, etc.
Note: Authority does not send any admit card to any candidates through post or any other offline mode.
How to download JEECUP 2023 Admit Card?
Here are the simple steps to download admit card for the UP Polytechnic Entrance Exam 2023 :
- Visit the JEECUP official website - jeecup.admissions.nic.in.
- Click on the “JEECUP 2023 Admit Card” link appearing on the screen.
- Choose the programme you applied for and log in to the online portal using the application number and password, which was previously given to the candidate.
- Once a candidate has successfully logged in to the portal, the admit card of JEECUP 2023 will be displayed on the screen.
- After that, Download the admit card and take a printout of it for future reference.
Documents required at the exam centre
Candidates need to carry the following items on the examination day:
- Admit card
- Identity proof (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, etc.)
JEECUP Answer Key 2023
The JEECUP answer key 2023 will be available for download from the official website. The JEECUP 2023 answer key will help candidates in calculating their likely scores as well as raising objections to the answer key. If a candidate decides to submit a challenge, then the fee must be paid Rs. 100 for each question. The online window challenge will only be available for a limited time.
Steps to download the JEECUP 2023 answer key
- First, visit the JEECUP official website - jeecup.admissions.nic.in.
- Click on the “JEECUP answer key” link that will be appearing on the screen.
- Next, log in to the online portal using the roll number and question booklet number.
- Click on the “Submit” button and search for the answer key on the screen.
- Download it and use it to compare scores and challenges.
UP Polytechnic Counselling 2023
- Candidates who qualify the JEECUP 2023 exam will be able to take part in the counselling procedure. To seek admission through the JEECUP exam, candidates must complete the counselling registration process on time. The authorities will allot JEECUP 2023 seats to enrolled candidates
- The seat will be awarded based on the candidate's options, merit rank, and category. Candidates must pay the seat acceptance fee of Rs. 3,000 (if seats are allocated) via MOPS to guarantee their seats.
- Candidates who have been allocated seats will have two options: freeze or float. If the applicant is ready to advance, should select float; otherwise, select freeze.
Documents Required at Counselling
Here is a list of the documents that will be required on the day of counselling :
- Mark sheets and certificates of the qualifying exams
- Certificate as proof of date of birth (DOB)
- Category certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Sub-category certificate (if applicable)
Best Books to clear JEECUP 2023
|UP Polytechnic Latest Practice Sets & Solved Papers Book in Hindi||Agrawal Examcart||View Book|
|UP Polytechnic Complete Guide Book (JEECUP) In Hindi||View Book|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) :
Ans. Candidates should Pass 10th Class with at least 35% marks. Pass Intermediate examination with Physics & Chemistry (as a compulsory subject) along with Mathematics/Biology. Pass B.Sc with Biology, Chemistry/Biotechnology. Pass the 12th examination & obtain 35% marks in the examination.
Ans. Top 10 Polytechnic Trades in India to pursue a good job :
Computer Science Engineering, Biotechnology Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engg.
Ans. The Polytechnic course is best for the candidates who want to get a job on the very first attempt because polytechnic passed candidates will be always in demand.
Ans. Polytechnic passed candidates have the following government job opportunities include Junior Engineer, IT Assistant, PSU jobs, Clerk, Technician, and so on. BSNL, BHEL, GAIL, Railways, ONGC, DRDO, IPCL, and other PSUs The final job option for Polytechnic students is to start their own business and become self-employed.
Ans. Polytechnic is a 3-year diploma course while BTech is a 4-year degree course but as per career aspect, one can have a better career in pursuing BTech as compared to Diploma Courses, but Polytechnic also has various career options for the candidates.
Ans. Students can get into a B.Tech programme through lateral entrance examination or the engineering entrance examination. If the student takes admission through lateral entry, then will directly gain entry in the second year of the B.tech.
Ans. JEE is preferable to the polytechnic, you can get admission to top software engineering colleges through JEE exam.
Ans. There are various subjects which come in UP Polytechnic Entrance Exam, these are Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Zoology, Botany, Mathematics, Reasoning & Logical Discussion, Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude, English Language, and General Awareness. at the 10 and 12th levels. The weightage of these subjects is given in this article, You can check it out here.