CSIR Recruitment (New): Junior Secretariat Assistant & Junior Stenographer, Apply Now
Robin Singh | Updated On - January, 14 2023
CSIR Vacancies for Junior Secretariat Assistant & Junior Stenographer 2022:
CSIR-Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-CEERI), Pilani has released the recruitment notification for the post of the below posts:
- Junior Secretariat Assistant
- Junior Stenographer
Candidates who are interested in building an exciting career in CSIR must not miss this golden opportunity. These Opportunities are doors for an Exciting Career in Administrative Services in a premier R&D Institute In this post, we have covered the complete details of this recruitment such as vacancies, exam dates, salary, exam pattern, syllabus, selection process, and best books.
CSIR Recruitment 2022: Important Dates
|CSIR Recruitment EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES|
|Online Application Start Date||26 September 2022|
|Online Application Last Date||25 October 2022|
Recruitment Details for CSIR 2022 - Jr. Secretariat Assistant and Jr. Stenographer
The below table covers complete details for the Junior Secretariat Assistant and Stenographer post
- No. of Posts
- Pay Level and Salary
- Upper Age Limit
- Educational and Essential Qualification
- Job Specification
Selection Process for CSIR - JSA and Jr. Stenographer 2022
The candidates for Junior Secretariat Assistant will be selected based on a specified selection process. The selection process for both posts differs hence candidates must know the selection process to prepare themselves well. Below we have given the selection process for Junior Secretariat Assistant and Stenographer 2022:
Junior Secretariat Assistant (Gen./ F&A/S&P)
- Paper 1 and Paper 2: Written Test
- Typing Test (Only Qualifying)
- The candidates fulfilling all essential qualifications will be invited for an open competitive written examination and typewriting test on Computer.
- The proficiency in computer typing speed will only be qualifying in nature
- The written competitive examination consists of two papers:
- Paper-I: Mental Ability
- Paper-II: General Awareness and English Language
- Paper II will be evaluated only for those candidates who secure the minimum threshold marks (to be determined by the Selection Committee) in Paper-I.
- The merit list will only comprise those candidates who have qualified for the proficiency test in computer typing.
- The final merit list will be prepared only on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in Paper II.
Selection Process for Junior Stenographer
- Written Exam - Only one paper
- Stenography Test
- The candidates fulfilling all necessary eligibility criteria will be invited for an open competitive written examination and stenography.
- Proficiency in stenography will only be qualifying in nature;
- The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the competitive written examination.
- The merit list will only comprise those candidates who will qualify for the proficiency test in stenography
Exam Pattern: CSIR Steno and Junior Secretariat Assistant
The examination or paper pattern for the post of Junior Stenographer and Junior Secretariat Assistant differ. If you are planning to give the exam for this recruitment post, you must prepare yourself well as per the exam pattern. Below shows the main highlights for both exams.
|CSIR Steno and JSA Exam||Details of Exam|
|Mode of Examination||OMR or CBT Based (Official Notice)|
|Medium of Questions||Hindi/English|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type Multiple Choice Examination|
|Standard of Exam||Class 12th|
|Total No. of Questions||200|
Exam pattern for Junior Secretariat Assistant (Paper 1 and Paper 2)
As covered in the selection process for Junior Secretariat Assistant, there are 2 papers that candidates must attempt in the written test stage for JSA Recruitment. Paper 1 covers mental ability and paper 2 covers General Awareness and General English.
- Paper 1: Mental Ability Test - Questions from General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, Problem Solving, Situational Judgment, etc.
- Paper 2: General Awareness and English Language
|Subject||No. of Question||Maximum Marks||Negative Marks|
|Paper-I (Time Allotted-90 minutes)|
|Mental Ability Test||100||200 (two marks for each question)||No Negative Marking|
|Paper II (Time Allotted – 1 hour)|
|General Awareness||50||150 (three marks for each question)||1 Mark|
|English Language||50||150 (three marks for each question)||1 Mark|
Note: The total time allotted for Paper 1 is 90 minutes and for Paper 2 is 60 minutes. Hence total allotted time for both papers will be 150 minutes or 2 hr.30 min.
Exam pattern for Junior Stenographer (Only one paper)
The written test for Junior Stenographer Recruitment consists of 200 questions for 200 marks. The following table shows the exam pattern for the written test:
A. Written Test
|Subject||No. of Question||Maximum Marks||Negative Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||0.25 Marks|
|General Awareness||50||50||0.25 Marks|
|English Language &
Note: Total time allotted for the written test will be only 2 hours.
B. Proficiency Test in Stenography
The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English or Hindi (as opted by the candidates in the Application Form) at the speed of 80 w.p.m. for the post of Junior Stenographer. The transcription time is as follows:
|S.No.||Language of Skill Test||Time Duration||Time Duration
(For Scribe Candidates)
|1||English||50 Min||70 Minutes|
|2||Hindi||65 Min||90 Minutes|
Evaluation of Transcripts of Stenography Test-Nature of Mistakes
- Every omission of word or figure. In case a group of words are omitted, mark as many mistakes as the actual number
of words omitted.
- Every substitution of a wrong word or figure. The number of mistakes will be equal to the number of words/figure
dictated which have been replaced/substituted by other words(s) figure(s). However, if a figure is written correctly
either in numeral or words both will be acceptable and will not counted as mistake.
- Every addition of a word or figure or a group of words or figures not occurring in the dictated passage.
- Wrong spelling, including transposition of letters in a word and also omission of a letter or letters from a word. Misspelling of proper nouns and unfamiliar names are ignored. If the wrongly spelt word occurs more than once in the
passage it will be treated as single half mistake.
- Using singular or plural noun and vice versa.
- Use of small letter at the beginning of the sentences.
Skill Test Norms for CSIR JSI & Jr. Steno Recruitment
Skill test for both posts is different as per the official notification hence candidates must carefully understand the skill test for the post they are applying for. Below we have given the post-wise skill test for CSIR Recruitment 2022.
Junior Secretariat Assistant (Gen./ F&A/S&P) - Skill Test
- English Typing @ 35 w.p.m. or Hindi Typing @ 30 w.p.m.
- 35 words per minute or 30 words per minute correspond to 10500 KDPH or 9000 KDPH on an average of 5 key depressions for each word
- The time allowed for Typing Test is 10 minutes, which is qualifying in nature
Junior Stenographer - Skill Test
- One Dictation for 10 minutes in English or Hindi (as opted by the candidates in the Application Form)
- At the speed of 80 w.p.m.
- This skill test will be qualifying in Nature.
How to Apply for CSIR Junior Secretariat Assistant and Junior Stenographer
The application process for this Recruitment is only via Online Mode. Follow the below Step By Step Process to Apply for CSIR JSA and Junior Stenographer:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of CSIR-CEERI at www.ceeri.res.in
- Step 2: Candidates who wish to apply for more than one Post Code should submit a SEPARATE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR EACH POSTCODE, along with a requisite application fee of 100/- for each, wherever applicable.
- Step 3: Submit all details as required
- Step 4: Submit all the documents
- Step 5: Pay the application fee
- Step 6: Keep a copy of the application printout and payment details for reference.
Application fee for CSIR Jr. Secretariat and Jr. Stenographer
- SC/ ST/ PwBD/ Women/ Other Gender/ CSIR Employees/ Ex-Servicemen are exempted from payment of application fee
- The application fee is Rs. 100/- for each postcode.
- If you wish to apply for more than 1 post, then each application will be submitted separately and 100Rs./- fee will be applicable for each application.
List of required documents to apply for CSIR Recruitment
- SSC / 10th certificate (reflecting Date of Birth)
- SSC / 10th Mark Sheet
- Intermediate / 10+2 certificate & Mark Sheet
- Caste/ Category certificate (wherever applicable) in the formats prescribed by the Govt. of India
- No Objection Certificate (NOC), wherever applicable
- Certificate(s) related to a higher qualification, if any
- Certificate(s) related to PwBD (wherever applicable) in the prescribed format
- Certificate(s) related to Widow women/ Divorced Women/ Women Judicially separated from their husbands.
Recommend Books for CSIR Recruitment for Steno and Junior Secretariat
|Quantitative Aptitude Practice Book In English||Agrawal Examcart||View Book|
|Sankhyatmak Abhiyogyata (Quantitative Aptitude) Practice Book In Hindi||Agrawal Examcart||View Book|
|Complete General English Book||Agrawal Examcart||View Book|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
12th Pass candidates can apply for this recruitment.
Eligible candidates who are 18 to 28 years old can apply for this recruitment exam.
The Selection process for CSIR Junior Secretariat Assistant consists of 2 papers. Check out the complete Selection process for CSIR Junior Secretariat Assistant Recruitment.